Jin De Yuan

Jin De Yuan

Referring to the old journal Kai-ba li-dai shi-ji, in 1650, a Chinese Lieutenant' Guo Xun-guan built a temple in honour of Kwan-Im, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy, in Glodok. The temple was named Guan-yin ting.

The original building of Temple Guan-yin ting, was believed, had been destroyed during the saddening Massacre of Chinese in 1740.

The current temple was rebuilt in 1755 by a Chinese Captain, Oei Tjsi-Lauw, and he named the temple its current name Jin De yuan, means Temple of Golden Virtue.

Read more

The Packer Lodge @ Gg Mangga

Jl. Kemurnian IV no. 20-22
Jakarta Barat 11120
Tel: +62 (21) 6290162
Email: tpl.reservation@thepackerlodge.com

Our Associates